Attic Insulation | Woodland | Davis | Dixon | Winters
Attic insulation has the lowest up-front cost and quickest return on investment. Up to 35% of a home’s heat loss and gain is through the attic. The proper amount of attic insulation can reduce heating and cooling costs up to 35%.
Insulation removal (listen for rodent droppings)
– Air sealing saves energy by stopping what is called the “chimney effect.” Air that has been heated or cooled can be drawn into the attic by leaks at the ceiling created by electrical, plumbing, venting and lighting penetrations. This makes the house feel drafty and raises energy bills. We seal around all such penetrations.
– In a typical house, about 20 to 30 percent of the air that moves through the duct system is lost due to leaks, holes, and poorly connected ducts. Sealing and insulating ducts increase efficiency, lowers your energy bills, and can often pay for itself in energy savings.
– Old insulation may need to be removed especially when it has been saturated with pest feces or damaged by water or smoke. The old insulation is safely removed and the attic vacuumed.
UNDER FLOOR INSULATION
– Underfloor insulation is installed when there is a crawl space under the floor. It helps to create a total thermal envelope by minimizing heat or cold coming through the floor into the home.
BLOWER DOOR TEST
– Blower door tests help to determine a home’s air leakage. We use a blower door test to pinpoint specific areas of leakage and to see the difference made before and after energy efficient measures have been made.
– Radiant barrier blocks up to 97% of the radiant heat that enters the home’s attic, thus reducing the heat in the attic as much as 28%. That is less heat to get from the attic into the home.
TAP Pest Control Insulation
THE LOCAL GUYS offers TAP® Pest Control Insulation to insulate and protect your home from pests. TAP® (Thermal Acoustical Pest Control Insulation) is an innovative, GREEN attic insulation for new and existing homes that offers multiple benefits that are proven to save energy and money. TAP® Insulation is a loose-fill cellulose insulation that is 87% recycled newsprint. It provides pest protection and sound barrier qualities as well as energy savings. Impregnated with Borates, TAP® is the only pest control product with an Energy Star Rating.
Attics are known to be the headquarters for invaders like insects, wildlife, and other pests. In many cases, insulation can be damaged by pests through moving or contamination. If this occurs, insulation will need to be replaced to rid a home of any health risk.
“Properly insulating your attic can reduce your heating and cooling bills by up to 30%. Not only does upgrading your insulation add value to your home, it provides better protection against cold and heat,” says a professional of THE LOCAL GUYS.
When most homes are constructed, builders are typically required to put a minimum R-value of 30 into an attic, however, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends an R-value of 49 in most areas of the country for optimal savings of energy and money. With TAP® Pest Control Insulation, a homeowner can enjoy year-round comfort, permanent pest protection, and fire safety as well as added value to their home. This is one investment that a homeowner can feel good about.